Saturday, March 7, 2015

Winter Forever.....

It feels like Winter is going to last forever this year!  We have had so much SNOW this year - which means SNOW DAYS off school and the kids are so bored with not being able to play outside much.  It's just too darn cold!

Ava is still working hard at maintaining her range of motion.  She still fights us on our daily stretches (that may never change) but seems to do better with the physical therapists, so we continue to go to PT three days a week.  It is a drain - both physically and financially, but until she can really get full range of motion and start working on strengthening and gait training, we have to stick it out.


Her scars are healing pretty nicely.  They are turning a more purpleish color rather than red/pink and the top ones (that you can't see in this picture) seem to be healing more quickly.  Doesn't surprise me since the bottom three were the ones that were such gaping holes and gave her so much trouble with the ex fix.

I recently went through the 'tub of medicine' and organized and threw away a lot of stuff from the ex fix days.  I lined it all up on the kitchen counter and couldn't help myself as the tears started flowing.  I never imagined I would have to give my child Oxycodone....for months at a time.  I never imagined having this much medication and medical supplies in my house.  We have been so spoiled for so long with good health and no physical issues that this came out of nowhere and really shocked us.



On March 7th, something truly AMAZING happened.  Something that was not at all amazing 8 months ago.  Ava rode her bike.  I know, you're thinking, "So what?  She's almost 9yo." but the range of motion and strength required to ride a bike is something that has eluded her since she got the ex fix off.  But she LOVES riding her bike and even when she got the all clear from Dr. Standard, she still wasn't able to.  But that's all over now, baby!  She's off!!!



We met with some friends to play and Ava even was ROCK WALL CLIMBING!!  Truly incredible!





3 comments:

  1. Hello! My daughter was just diagnosed with Perthes on Thursday. She is 7 1/2 and reading through your story, makes me wonder if our journey will be similar to yours. My husband actually had Perthes when he was 5 so we are familiar with this disease and how different it is with every child. I would appreciate any information or support groups you have. Thank you so much and many prayers for Ava and your entire family! You can contact me at ginnymertes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. RABIES DISEASES

    God bless Dr. Adagba for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of RABIES DISEASES since 2010 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the RABIES DISEASES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for RABIES DISEASES i saw a comment about Dr. Adagba, how he cured RABIES DISEASES with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from RABIES DISEASES, Dr. Adagba truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through adagbaspiritualtemple@yahoo.com whatsapp him on

    +2348115200304

    DOCTOR ADAGBA CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS
    5. AMOEBIC MENINGOENCEPHALITIS
    6. ANTHRAX
    7. PLAGUE
    8. EBOLA
    9. BRING OF EX LOVER BACK TO LOVE YOU AGAIN

    adagbaspiritaultemple@yahoo.com

    contact him now and all your sorrow shall be turn to joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete